Advice

If I were hired by Baruch College to use new media to improve the College, my first suggestion would be to improve the CUNY portal and CUNY first pages. I would suggest updating the systems to make the pages more modern and manageable. I would offer help in giving the pages a face lift; make it easier to search for your classes and communicate with professors, and make a quick guide or informational that first times users can access understand how to navigate the pages, especially helpful for freshman or transfer students. Another suggestion would be to make an app for these websites. It would be so much easier for students and faculty to access the pages through the App Store or Play Store, the way you would see Twitter on an expanded web version or in a more compressed mobile app version. Furthermore, I would plea for better Wifi service in the school and places accessible by campus. Currently in college, one of my biggest issues have been not being able to work on my laptop all around campus because of the lousy connection. Finally, I would suggest professors not only use textbooks as reading assignments every evening, but rather argue that videos, movies, and all other sorts of new media be normalized as alternatives to books, which do not always help the student learn all the information or is sometimes to dense to read through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Privacy

P2P